Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 49!

"Do you belong to a song? Does it drag you along by the tongue at the top of your lungs?"


Not as if you can see it in the slightest, but the left screen is playing The Matches' music video "Salty Eyes." Woah what?
















Sitting around Freehold mall's food court, eating my delicious subway sandwich I look to the tv screen above, which is giving you the chance to text a number for them to play a specific song, I see the craziest thing.  Amongst the several mainstream video options such as Bieber, Ke$ha and Neon Trees was The Matches. Which I find to be the weirdest thing for several reasons. One: Salty Eyes, an awesome song wasn't one of their biggest singles. Two: The Matches were never mainstream to be up in a mall's food court TV. Three: The Matches broke up over a year ago. Not as if any of this means anything, I texted the number so I could watch it.




PS: I own one of the video tapes from this music video...the one that says "SONG"

No comments:

Post a Comment