Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 114!

Happy Thanksgiving!


When I was in high school I went to an elementary school for my Odyssey of the Mind competition. Through out the school they had the kids' artwork hanging on the walls. And I still remember this one specific Thanksgiving poster a kid made. With each letter of the word "thankful", the child wrote something he was thankful for. My favorite thing he was thankful for was walnuts. Yes, he wrote walnuts... I don't understand why out of all the possibilities he wrote that, but it was extremely amusing. The poster went something like this.
          Tv
          Harry Potter
        bAsketball
       caNdy
      poKemon
           Friends
compUter
      waLnuts

I'm not sure of everything the child was thankful for since it was so long ago, so I made it up of course. And I was going to say again that I don't understand why he said he was thankful for walnuts, however trying to come up with seven things that an 8 year old would be thankful for was kinda hard. So maybe I do understand now lol.

So what are you thankful for?

















I'm thankful for my Scoutie. Even when he snores, barks at absolutely nothing and sleeps on my clean blankets.

"Turkey for me, turkey for you. Let's eat the turkey. In my big brown shoe."

No comments:

Post a Comment