Monday, February 6, 2012

The little bit of random...

I'm taking a contemporary art class and I have to admit, I'm not finding it interesting at all. The teacher is awesome, very knowledgable, but modern art is something I just don't get.

I took art history (twice actually because I loved it so much), so it's not that I don't like art, I do. I'm just having a hard time understanding meanings or even the point of some pieces. Yes, some of the art makes complete sense, but some of it makes me realize that all those scribble drawings I did, that my mother would plaster the fridge with, well they seem to have more substance than anything I've been viewing.

I went to a gallery today in the city, not going to say which because I don't want to be mean. But when I got there I was floored that there wan an entire gallery of this person's art and all it reminded me of was...well my current bedsheets. The same idea was repeated over and over on each piece, it was absurd. And the meaning of the art was just wow.

Basically I find some art to be purely amazing, genius, beautiful (if not visually but in meaning). And then I find some to be bogus like this...about 3 minutes and 41 seconds in.


 (Thanks for this H,e,a,t,h,e,r,)


Anyone else agree?


"It seems the artists these days are not who you think."

1 comment: