Thursday, August 11, 2011

The little bit of random...

Family photo time!
Some of these photos are mine and some of them are compliments of my sister.
This was taken about 15 minutes after we landed, we were taking a bus to pick up the rental car. You can tell how excited we were to be in Colorado. Honestly you could have put us anywhere and we would have been this ecstatic just to be out of Jersey for a bit.
Heather and my mom at the caves. Going to be honest, the caves weren't all the impressive. I've seen the ones in the Shenandoah Valley and those are amazing.
My brother always knows how to smile pretty for the camera.

















Very deep in thought here.
This is a very typical scene for us. Confusion. We spend most of our vacations lost, even with a map.
We were the only people on this hiking trail not dressed like hikers, or using a walking stick. Obviously we are capable without.
Joe must have ruined at least 20 of mine and my sister's photos just walking through them purposely.

















My mom is sorta famous...





we all needed


















a photo with her.
















Doesn't she look like she's going off on a quest?
























 Sometimes my sister and I are just soo cool. In person this discord color theme killed your eyes.
























We understood it.



















We obviously don't abide by the rules of the huge broom and dustpan.





Don't really get the point because you couldn't see a thing once inside, but I just had to crouch under the dome to see inside aquarium.



















Colorado chipmunks are so brave. This little guy ate straight from my mom's hand. Then jumped on her lap!









Not to tattle or anything, but I wasn't the only one that HAD to touch the ice cold melting snow water.



















The couple behind us were the first people to perform at the Red Rocks amphitheater. We sang nearly as good as them.

We never stop and ask strangers to take photos of us as a whole family, so our vacation photos usually only have three of us at a time. I'm not sure if it's because we are from New York/ New Jersey and don't trust anyone handing back our camera, or because we are in the city a lot and can't stand when tourists ask us to take photos of them.


















This was taken with a timer so we could get the whole family!
From left to right: Heather, Aunt Honey, Me, Mom, Joe, Uncle Frankie.


















All in all I loved Colorado. It's so pretty and it seems that there is just so much to do, nature wise. However there are a lot of things they don't have that I am greatly used to in Jersey (like a beach and 24 hour diners!). So yes, I did miss Jersey somewhat, but I'll be honest as I waited for the plane at the airport I was trying hard not to cry. I really didn't want to go home just yet. I'm not sure if it was because I was upset vacation was over, I was leaving my aunt and uncle, or because I was heading back to the real world, and sometimes the real world simply sucks lol.


"When I lose all hope in Colorado."

No comments:

Post a Comment