Monday, July 11, 2011

The little bit of random...

Today is an extremely sad day. 
As a gift for Mother's Day/Easter I bought my mom tickets for her and I to see Def Leppard. Awesome! I have never seen an 80's band play before. (Well other than Joan Jett, but I didn't watch the whole set and I was 15 so it doesn't count) I was super stoked about this, Def Leppard and Heart playing together, and I didn't even get crumby lawn seats, I had real seats! Yay! Well no, not really. Because I just found out that they postponed the date due to a family emergency and rescheduled it. Rescheduled it to a date when I'll be out of state on vacation. Are you kidding me?! This vacation is having me miss two shows. The other being a show that my favorite band, Alien Ant Farm, is playing. This vacation better be the best one yet! lol.

So now I am not going to see Def Leppard. This is super upsetting, I had been looking forward to it. Since I purchased the tickets, I had been in search of the perfect outfit for the show and after lots of research and making plenty of concept boards I thought I came up with the greatest outfit. Here were a few of my concepts...

It had to be bright and colorful...

Big hair was a must...
It had to be weird...

I wanted awesomeness... (goodness I wish I was Bowie just to be able to own a jacket that cool)
Glamrock, pretty and girly was an obvious...

Shiny was ideal...
And most importantly it had to be 80's looking, like Def Leppard...


So I pulled together the girly, the bright, the colorful, the shiny, the 80's, the big hair, the weird, the awesome and came up with this...
My Rainbow Brite Halloween costume! It was the best thing I could think of, and I find it was the most perfect as well. Just look at that big hair and all that color, replicating my favorite 80's cartoon! Complete perfection! But sadly I'll just have to wait for another 80's concert to wear this to...damn.
Obviously if my mother didn't want to leave the house with me looking like this, I was probably going with jeans and a t-shirt. A very good second to this outfit :)

"Whoa can't you see? You're bringin' on the heartbreak. Bringin' on the heartache."

No comments:

Post a Comment