Saturday, July 30, 2011

The little bit of random...

THE 90's ARE ALL THAT!
I always attempt to go to bed early, in hopes I can wake up early. However if Teen Nick continues to play shows from the 90's this is never going to happen.





















So Nickelodeon's Teen Nick is now my favorite channel. From midnight to 4am, they are playing shows from the 90's. How ridiculously awesome is that? The last two nights I've watched it, and they showed four shows in a two hour block and then repeated it. Here's what they've played so far.


 All That, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains It All (I might be using Clarissa's style as inspiration for the upcoming fall season. Her style is killer), and Doug.

It's crazy watching these shows, and actually remembering an episode, or seeing how young everyone was. I.E. Kenan Thompson. I'm really hoping they continue with this 90's block, even making it longer. Or, and I'm sure many 20-somethings would agree, making an entire channel of the old shows. Possibly including some of the 80's shows too, you know for the older kids. Why not?

Although the four shows they picked are extremely awesome, I'm hoping for some others too, like: Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold!, The Roundhouse, Salute Your Shorts, Rugrats, Welcome Freshmen, Pete and Pete, Alex Mack, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Weinerville, KaBlam!, and I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

In celebration of the awesomeness, I'm thinking I should have a "The 90's are All That" party. Dressing very 90's would be a must, as well as having 90's junk food. I know food hasn't changed THAT much since the 90's so maybe it would just be food we would have eaten back then. So Hawaiian Punch juice boxes, Squeeze-Its, Dunk-a-roos, French Toast Crunch cereal (color changing spoon optional), Bubble Beeper gum, and maybe even Happy Meals! I also think Gak or Moon shoes will only make the party more awesome. However being they are a huge distraction no Tamagotchis (or Dinkie Dinos) would be allowed. They must be left home for Mom to take care, like when you went to school.

 "I remember as if it were yesterday. The good o' days back in nineteen-nighty-three."

No comments:

Post a Comment