Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 75!

"Boys and girls, moms and dads, brothers and sisters, cats and dogs, welcome to The World of Strawberry Shortcake Kira Key Lime Pie..." 


I went strawberry picking! As cute and fun as it sounds, it really wasn't that cool. Being the end of the season, finding strawberries that weren't moldy, or mushy was kinda hard. However out of the two small  baskets I was able to fill, the strawberries were delicious.



















Here is the farm Dan and I went to. They invited us back for pick your own raspberries next month. It's considerable. But honestly, I rather just wait till fall for pick your own pumpkins.

They might have been tiny but these local grown strawberries were so much better than going to the grocery store. Promise.




















I'm not sure which was a bigger deal, finally going to pick strawberries, or finally having an excuse to wear my floppy straw hat!

Too bad I didn't have a cute, pink and red strawberry hat to be Strawberry Shortcake. The entire time picking strawberries, I had the Strawberry Shortcake theme song stuck in my head, and having her hat would have been very fitting. However, even just wearing the black hat I think the resemblance is uncanny. No?
Yes I know,  I took a lame "myspace" photo of myself. But I had to show off the hat!
"Who sleeps all night in a cake made of strawberry? Wakes up bright in a cake made of strawberry? Livin' right in a cake made of strawberry? Strawberry Shortcake wouldn't ya know."

No comments:

Post a Comment