Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 78!

Midsummer's Eve

When I was 16 I did this thing, and it's hard to explain but I was 16 and it was simply something my mother told me to try, so I did. Had to be done on a specific day in June, with a small saying before you went to bed and writing something on a paper, to be left under your pillow, that night you would dream of your true love, or soulmate. I can't remember which (they are different though, I promise). I'm not sure if it worked, I didn't dream of a person that night but of a name instead. The name Joris, never even knew that name existed till that dream.

With my BFF Rachael having boy issues and slightly upset I told her what I did when I was 16 and she should try it for herself, just for the hell of it. The problem...I couldn't remember the directions or exactly what I did. Nor could I find it on google, or any of my mothers books that I thought she could have gotten it from. So doing a google search for a few hours I came across something very similar.

Under a rosemary bush on Midsummer's Eve, you are supposed to leave a plate of flour, and in the morning written in the flour you are supposed to find your true love's initials.

















Since it was late, I decided I would do this for Rachael instead of her coming over herself. And in the morning, it was the craziest thing. I didn't spot initials right away, but instead a heart in the flour.

























I moved it to the concrete so I could get a better look and it did shift a bit, but you can still see the heart. Right? Well after getting over the fact there was a heart in the flour, I analyzed it for some time, trying to figure out what initials could be there. The letters I got for Rachael seemed to be M E J, now this could be J E or E M or J M E, or the many different ways you can put it. Or I could have screwed up and read the M as a W.

















Or maybe there was nothing there. I'm not quite sure if it even worked, for two reasons. One, I didn't have a rosemary bush as much as I had a rosemary stalk to put the flour under. Also I did it for Rachael, and I'm sure it would have been more effective if she was there herself. I guess either way I'd like to think it did work.

Side note...
Now I find the flour heart to be crazy, yes, but the best was the day I was looking for this was the 19th. Without realizing it, it was Midsummer's Eve, which was the day I had to put the flour under the rosemary bush. It seemed all too perfect to find the directions on the day it needed to be done. Interesting?

So what do you think about all of this? Did it work? Also if you are a dude, and happen to have two/three of the initials J E M/W, let me know. I can set you up with an awesomely cute girl named Rachael. She's super cool, smart, pretty and fun. And she's a keeper. Oh la la.

"And some say love is everything
And some say they don't know"

No comments:

Post a Comment