Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 63!

'Cuz if we're going out, we're goin' out with style

Such an awesome line up, Patent Pending and Bowling For Soup went on tour together. And of course I made sure I went to see them.
Isn't it amazing how well my camera phone works! (sarcasm)
I saw Joe before the show and gave him the Juicebox pillow I made. I'm almost certain he liked! Which was awesome, especially because he mentions it on one of his blog posts. Something else that was awesome, and at the same time probably made me look ridiculous... Right before playing their cover of Cascada's "Everytime We Touch" Joe told me to come up on stage and gave me directions. They basically went like this...when I say go jump into the crowd....What, what?? Yeah he told me to stage dive, something I had never done. Yeah no stage diving/crowd surfer in my 11 years of going to shows. Well standing on stage, I wasn't about to say no, so when he said to, I jumped. I have to admit, I may be the most incompetent stage diver in the history of stage divers. But that is not the worst of it. Two days later, my mother was at work telling her boss about the Bowling For Soup shirt I got her for Mother's Day. (My mom loves BFS, but thought she was too old to go to the show, which is ridiculous and not true.) While talking about the show she found out her boss and his friends went to the same show as me, and one of the friends happened to be at the stage when I dived, and he caught me. Awkward some? lol

You can always tell which photos are done with my phone, my basic digital camera and my fancier camera.

I can't remember if this is my third of fourth time seeing BFS, but it really doesn't matter, they are as good as I remember. Like really good. They are some of the funniest dudes, and their music is really great also. I think it seriously made my evening, as well as Dan's, (You can't deny it either Dan!) when they played the Phineas and Ferb theme song.  If you did not know, BFS sings the theme song for the best cartoon ever, Phineas and Ferb.

This was probably one of the best shows I have been to in a really long time. Can't wait to see Patent Pending, Catch 22 and the many other bands playing the Rec Center June 4th.

So we all jump around, and we fall to the ground
Like it's the last rock show of our lives.
-BFS

No comments:

Post a Comment