Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The little bit of random...

...the music edition

I did a speech about music the other day. It wasn't my own, but one from a website I had chosen to read. I chose it because it could have most certainly been my own speech. The first line..."I believe in the power of music." Goodness, don't I?

This last semester has been so ridiculously busy with school, my internship and work. And you can ask anyone I talk to, I hardly have time for them. But I will always, always, always, make time for a show, it's the one thing I live for.




















Two weeks ago I got to see the amazing Pink Spiders. They broke up for awhile and got back together only recently. I haven't seen them in a few years, and they were as good as I remembered. They didn't play my top two favorite songs, not even any from my top three, but I was promised when they go on tour, hopefully this fall, they'll learn the songs and play them. My fingers are crossed!

If you've never heard of The Pink Spiders before, you most definitely should check them out.
ThePinkSpiders.com Sweat it Out is one of my favorite albums, so go listen.

A week an a half later at the same club, I was able to see Jon Devoto do an acoustic set for his band Bird By Bird. Jon used to be in The Matches, and I haven't seen him preform since I saw the first Bird By Bird show when I went to California to see the last Matches show.

























The show was soooo good. I can't wait for his full length album and his next tour with the full band. You NEED to check him out. I mean seriously, I demand it. myspace.com/birdbybird


So I'm fully aware that not too many people check out my blog here, however if you're that someone that does, I have a slight request.... I'm obsessed with, in love with, as well as I live for music. I'd really like some new music, so if you know any good bands/artists that you like and quite possibly think I will too, let me know! Please.

"Everyone told her it don't get much better"

No comments:

Post a Comment